- When and where will the next EAA Annual Congress take place?
The first EAA Virtual Annual Congress will be held online from 26-28 May 2021.
- I had an accepted paper for the EAA 2020 Congress. What happens to my accepted paper?
If you are an author with a paper accepted for the 2020, you will receive an email with more detailed information on how to proceed. In short, your accepted paper for the 2020 Congress was initially rolled over to the 2021 Congress. To help us create the 2021 Virtual Congress programme, we ask you to explicitly confirm whether or not you want your rolled-over paper to be included in the 2021 Congress programme. You can do so by navigating to this link and logging in with your EAA credentials. Please click on the button "Invitation Response" and choose to either:
- Reconfirm (opt-in) your paper for the Virtual Congress 2021 programme; or
- Withdraw your paper from the Virtual Congress 2021 programme.
If we do not receive a response from you before 10 February 2021, we will assume that you do not wish your paper to be rolled over to the 2021 Congress and will remove your paper from the programme.
If you do choose to reconfirm your paper, if you so wish (and we strongly encourage you to) you can upload an updated version of your 2020 paper in April 2021.
Should you wish to submit a new paper, please ensure to withdraw your accepted paper using the submission platform and then proceed to submitting your new paper. Please note that your previous acceptance status will not be applicable to your new paper. Your new paper will undergo a regular review process, and the decision will be announced in February 2021.
- What happens to my registration for the 2020 congress?
If you have a paid registration for the 2020 Congress and wish to attend the 2021 Virtual Congress, EAA will refund the difference of your fee for the 2020 Congress and the fee for the 2021 Virtual Congress. Please note that the 2021 membership fee, that you paid when registering for the 2020 Congress, is nonrefundable. Also note that when you decide to attend the 2021 Virtual Congress, in line with our policy we will also sign you up for EAA membership for 2022.
- What is the refund policy if I cannot/will not attend the congress next year?
In case you cannot or will not attend the congress next year, you can claim your 2020 registration fee back by contacting Marion Hebbelynck (email@example.com). Please be advised that, in accordance with our cancellation policy here, the EAA will retain 75 Euros (plus any bank transfer costs) in order to cover some of the unavoidably incurred costs. We regret this, but since preparations for the congress were so advanced, some costs had already been incurred without any possibility to refund them. Can I keep my registration for the congress and withdraw my accepted paper?
Yes. This is particularly the case when you wish to submit a new paper or attend without a paper.
- Can I keep my accepted paper (for a co-author to present) and cancel my registration?
Yes. This is particularly necessary whenever authors will be unable to attend next year. In this case, please note that 75 Euros (plus any bank transfer costs) will be retained by EAA to cover the incurred costs (see question 4 above). The scheduling of the paper in the programme depends on a new registration by February 2021 of a new presenting author for the next congress. Please note that an author can submit and present one paper only. However, a presenter can always be a non-presenting co-author on additional papers.
- I registered as a PhD student, but I will graduate before next year’s congress. What happens with my registration and my PhD discount?
All PhD student registrations will be rolled over to the 2021 congress and you will be able to attend with the lower fee (PhD discount), just as you would have been in 2020. The refund policy under question 4 also applies to you.
- What about my 2021 membership fee?
As EAA membership entails benefits other than the right to submit a paper to the Annual Congress (such as a newsletter, access to its Accounting Resources Centre platform, access to the Association’s journals – European Accounting Review and Accounting in Europe), the membership fee will not be refunded. We are considering several new initiatives to increase the value we offer to our members.
- Can I submit a new paper and receive feedback next year, even though I had a different paper accepted this year?
Yes. We are pleased to give this opportunity to our members to submit new papers for the EAA Virtual Congress 2021. Please bear in mind that the “one-paper-one-presenting-author”-policy still applies, and on the submission platform you should indicate whether you would like withdraw your accepted paper and submit a new one.
- I have already requested a refund. What do I do if I wish to re-insert my paper in the programme?
You will need to inform the EAA Executive Secretary about it and you will have to pay anew for the Virtual Congress.
- My paper was accepted for the EAA 2020 Congress but I did not register for the 2020 congress. Can I still register and have my paper included in the congress programme for next year?
Yes. You can still register when the submission platform is re-opened and inform the EAA Executive Secretary when your registration is complete. Should you wish to upload an updated version of your paper (which is encouraged), you will be able to do so in April 2021.
- When will the submission platform be open?
The EAA plans to resume the regular procedure as usual. The deadline for submitting your paper is 1 December 2020.
15. Will the EAA 2020 Congres take place at all?
Yes. The EAA 2020 Congress in Bucharest has been put back into pipeline and is planned to take place in 2024. The Bucharest team is looking forward to welcoming you in Romania in four years' time.
16. When will I be able to upload an updated version of my paper?
You may update your paper title and abstract yourself, as well as upload a new version of your paper by 10 April 2021. Additional information on this will be provided to you at a later stage.