- When and where will the next EAA Annual Congress take place?
The first EAA Virtual Annual Congress will be held online from 26-28 May 2021.
- What happens to my registration for the 2020 congress?
If you have a paid registration for the 2020 Congress and wish to attend the 2021 Virtual Congress, EAA will refund the difference of your fee for the 2020 Congress and the fee for the 2021 Virtual Congress. Please note that the 2021 membership fee, that you paid when registering for the 2020 Congress, is nonrefundable. Also note that when you decide to attend the 2021 Virtual Congress, in line with our policy we will also sign you up for EAA membership for 2022.
- What is the refund policy if I cannot/will not attend the congress next year?
In case you cannot or will not attend the congress next year, you can claim your 2020 registration fee back by contacting Marion Hebbelynck (email@example.com). Please be advised that, in accordance with our cancellation policy here, the EAA will retain 75 Euros (plus any bank transfer costs) in order to cover some of the unavoidably incurred costs. We regret this, but since preparations for the congress were so advanced, some costs had already been incurred without any possibility to refund them.
5. Can I keep my registration for the congress and withdraw my accepted paper?
Yes. This is particularly the case when you wish to submit a new paper or attend without a paper.
- Can I keep my accepted paper (for a co-author to present) and cancel my registration?
Yes. This is particularly necessary whenever authors will be unable to attend next year. In this case, please note that 75 Euros (plus any bank transfer costs) will be retained by EAA to cover the incurred costs (see question 4 above). The scheduling of the paper in the programme depends on a new registration by February 2021 of a new presenting author for the next congress. Please note that an author can submit and present one paper only. However, a presenter can always be a non-presenting co-author on additional papers.
- I registered as a PhD student, but I will graduate before next year’s congress. What happens with my registration and my PhD discount?
All PhD student registrations will be rolled over to the 2021 congress and you will be able to attend with the lower fee (PhD discount), just as you would have been in 2020. The refund policy under question 4 also applies to you.
- What about my 2021 membership fee?
As EAA membership entails benefits other than the right to submit a paper to the Annual Congress (such as a newsletter, access to its Accounting Resources Centre platform, access to the Association’s journals – European Accounting Review and Accounting in Europe), the membership fee will not be refunded. We are considering several new initiatives to increase the value we offer to our members.
9. When will I be able to upload an updated version of my paper?
You may update your paper title and abstract yourself, as well as upload a new version of your paper by 10 April 2021. Additional information on this will be provided to you at a later stage. You have received a link to access your paper with instructions on how to do it.
11. When can I view the programme?
You will receive a link to access the virtual platform and to view the programme of the VC 2021 in the first week of May 2021.
12. When is the registration deadline for the VC 2021?
Until 19 May 2021.
13. Please update the latest version of Zoom for the Virtual Congress. To know how to do it, please watch this video
14. How to share your screen in Zoom-watch this video IMPORTANT:
Also regarding screen sharing when joining via the internet browser:
Screen sharing on Microsoft Edge requires Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise. It is not supported on Windows 10 Home. If you are running Windows 10 Home and need to share your screen, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox. Screen sharing is not supported on Safari.
15. You should have received an invitation link from OxfordAbstract to access the EAA 2021 Virtual Congress. Please ensure that you click on it to view the programme online.