PhD Forum 2021
The PhD Forum will take place on Tuesday 25th May 2021 from 14.00 to 16.00hrs in a virtual format.
The PhD Forum is a great opportunity for research master students, PhD students as well as for Assistant Professors or Lecturers in Accounting who do not have a permanent position yet, or Postdocs in Accounting to network and gain insight into academic accounting research and its environment through the speakers. The Forum, which is open to PhD students pursuing research in any topic areas (financial accounting, managerial accounting, audit, tax, etc.) and using any research method (analytical modelling, behavioural, case study, empirical-archival, etc.) related to the EAA, may also provide information as to how to establish contacts for entering the job market.
Please address questions to Martin JACOB (email@example.com).
14:00 - 15:00 Plenary Session: The Editorial Review Process - The recordings are available here
- Moderator: Martin JACOB, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Associate Editor, European Accounting Review
- Christian LAUX, WU Vienna, Editorial Board, The Accounting Review - Presentation
- Hervé STOLOWY, HEC Paris, Past Editor European Accounting Review (2016-2019) - Presentation
- Alan WEBB, University of Waterloo, Editor-in-Chief, Contemporary Accounting Research - PPT presentation
15:00 - 16:00 Breakout sessions
1. Designing and Analyzing Quasi-Experiments in Field Settings
2. Sustainability Research in Accounting
3. Recent Trends in Analytical Research
4. Structural Estimation in Accounting Research
Additional videos on the activities by the EAA will be uploaded on the PhD Forum’s homepage.
Attendance will be limited to those PhD students and emerging scholars who are registered to the Congress.
Registration to the PhD Forum 2021 can only be done simultaneously with the registration to the EAA Virtual Congress 2021 via the online registration system. Please note that you will be asked to send a proof: